Saturday, October 21, 2017
Warkworth Arena, 24 East Street, Warkworth, ON K0K 3K0
All proceeds to The Bridge Hospice, Warkworth
- 8AMREGISTRATION OPENS.
- 8:30AMREGISTRATION CLOSES.
- 9AMKid’s 1K – Route circles around the grounds and finishes where it started. Age-category awards are presented immediately after.
- 9:15AM5K & 8-Miler – Start together;Please check race route map carefully. The 5K & 8-Miler proceed together for the first 1.2K, where the 5K runners turn LEFT and the 8-Miler runners turn RIGHT. There will be signs and marshals to assist with directions, and a cyclist will lead each group of runners. For safety, a volunteer on an ATV will follow the last runner in the 8-Miler. .
- During5K & 8-Miler draw prizes: Runners’ names will be drawn after the start of the races. Winners’ names will be posted in the upper half of the arena. After your race, please check to see if you have a prize to collect.
- 10AM5K age-category medals and overall awards will be presented at approximately 10 am in the upper hall.
- 11AMThe 8-Miler age-category medals and overall awards will be presented at approximately 11 am.
- Post Races5K & 8-Miler post-race food & beverages: Find them at the Finish line and also in the upper hall of Arena. Race results will be posted in the upper hall of Arena as soon as they are available.
Starting at the arena, the 13 km (8 mile) course winds through Warkworth streets and heads out of town on Banta Rd. to a woodland trail that climbs to meet Cty. Rd. 29. It joins another trail which heads east to Cty. Rd. 25. On its way to Norham, it loops to Platt Rd., then heads north along Dudley Rd., and back to Warkworth. The course joins the Millenium Trail and ends at the start/finish line.
The 5 km course follows the 13 km (8 mile) route for the first 1.2 km, separating at Concession St. W., before heading east and north to Norham. Reaching the turnaround point, it loops back and eventually joins the Millenium Trail, ending at the start/finish line.
The children’s course proceeds east from the start/finish area, through the arena grounds, to end where it started. Prizes will be awarded for participating.
Complete course details and extra maps will be available on the day of the race.